Sunday, September 23, 2012

It's all {{fair}} in Tulsa!

Cotton candy. Turkey legs. Funnel cakes. Beer. BoBo the clown. Worlds smallest horse. Bands. People watching. Rides. Shopping. Outdoors. Carnies. Running into old friends. Family time. Photo contests. Did I mention people watching?

We were at the fair on opening day last year and happened to be on the news!!!


The fair symbolizes fall.  Fall means cooler weather, sweaters, scarves, boots, hot chocolate, pumpkin spice latte, movies, hanging with friends, festivities at my sons school, Halloween.......oh the list could go on and on.  I love fall and I love the fair!!!  This year I am going to make the most of the two weeks that are set aside for the Tulsa State Fair.  I am going to be doing photo shoots while at the fair.  Though to some all you can think about is crazy people in the background and dirty carnies, please know that none of that will be seen in your images.  I want to capture you, your family, your kids in an element that is guaranteed to make you smile.  Can anyone go to the fair and not have a good time?  I don't think so!  That is why it is the perfect time for family photos.  Not only will I be doing a few posed shots, but as always, the ones that I love the most are action shots......eating cotton candy, walking hand in hand down the strip of rides, playing the games, riding the rides, trying to dunk BoBo the clown, enjoying the bands, etc.  What better way to capture a family being just that, family?

I announced several openings a few weeks ago and they filled up rather quickly because I am only doing 3 full sessions at the fair.  Why?  Because this is MY family time too.  Brock LOVES to ride the rides, but only the "big kid" ones.  He gets all bent out of shape when we walk into kiddie land :)  This year Ryan is big enough to actually enjoy the fair and ride the "baby rides."  My favorite part is walking around the QT Center, checking out the amazing vendors and doing some shopping.  However, my hubby and I share a favorite and if you haven't already guessed, it is people watching {{don't judge us}}.  It is always funny to see the people that come out to the fair, between the carnies and everyone else, there is no shortcomings when it comes to variety.  A few years ago we were at the fair and while Brock was riding one of the rides, the carnie got to talking to Nico and said he was so drunk he didn't care if the kids stayed on the ride all day.  Nico was laughing so hard and got to actually chatting with this guy and next thing we know the kids had been on the ride for 17 minutes according to his timer : /  Hope none of them left with a belly ache!

I want to offer up 2 more sessions though!  I have been asked by several if I would do a session for their family and I just can't say no!  Sooooo.....here is your chance to get a FULL session at a discounted price.  Normally a full session with a custom DVD would be $225-$275, but if you want a session either this Thursday or Friday, please comment on this blog post with your email and I will contact you to set something up.......for $150!  That will include the custom DVD of edited images :)

No comments:

Post a Comment