Saturday, October 6, 2012

Mediocrity is a Joke

When you think of people that are important, those that influence where you are going, where you have been, and what you want to become.....who do you think of?  Some will say their parents, others say a close friend that has been through something huge, others will name a celebrity or well known person.

Who would I name?  I would name Rachel BrenkeAmy CookJulie Paisley or Sue Bryce.  These are women that share the profession that I have chosen.  They are some of the best in the business and I hope that one day soon my name can be said in connection with theirs.  I want to be a household name in other photographer's lives, I want others to look up to me and see me as someone they want to be like one day.  I want more....I will do more.....I will have more.



A year ago, when I left the life of a nurse and started in on the wonderful full-time world of photography, this dream was not realistic to me.  It seemed like a dream that others talk about but never really chase after with their heart and soul.  Of course, everyone wants to be the best, know the best, work with the best.  But me?  I will get it.  I have worked my tail off and have moved leaps and bounds in my world over the past year and though it is NOWHERE near where I want to be, trust me when I say....I will be there.....ONE DAY!

I want to teach others.  I want to travel to amazing destinations to teach others the art of photography.  I want to start my non-profit and watch it grow.  I want to teach the world that there is so much in a picture and that picture leaves so many words unsaid.  I don't want to be known only in the town I call home, I want to be someone that other's notice when out about. When you think of Natalie Renae, you will think of beautiful images and a girl that is living her dream :)

I will never settle for where I am.  Even when I get to where I want to be, there will always be something more I can do.  One more person I can reach.  One more lesson I can teach.  Always growing, always improving.  Please trust me when I say that my journey has only begun. Thank you for being here with me, I love you more than you could imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment