Sunday, October 7, 2012

I love giving.....

I get more joy from giving to others than I do when receiving things myself.  I have prided myself in giving back....to children, families, the community and anyone else along the way.  This past February I organized a toy drive in honor of my birthday and it was a HUGE success.  Thanks to so many great friends, clients and companies, I was able to donate over 150 brand new toys to Saint Francis Children's Hospital.  Seeing the joy on the children's face was worth a years salary to me.  The kids, their families and the employees were so thankful and I was so honored to be there to do this for them.

Now it is turning cooler out, the holidays are upon us and many of us can take for granted the warm houses we live in and the meals that we have on our tables.  I want to do something for the people of Tulsa this year and I have asked for help from my loving friends.  I put out on my Facebook that I wanted to challenge AT LEAST 5 friends to help me collect 500 non-perishable food items OR MORE and within minutes I had 15 friends that were committed to help.  For that, I thank you!  I couldn't be where I am today, as a person and as a photographer, without your help and the fact that you all are so willing to help me with all of my ideas is just unbelievable.  We can make a difference.  Each of us can change the life for someone that may not be living as they would like.  I want to encourage you to do what you can to make this holiday season one filled with LOVE and JOY for everyone you meet.

It is not too late.  If you want to be added to the list of "contestants" there is something in it for you as well.  To be qualified, there is a 100 item minimum and click HERE to see a list of items that are considered non-perishable.  To the person that delivers the most items to me by November 10th, you will receive a year's worth of mini sessions ((4 sessions total)).  There will also be something for every single person that brings 100 items or more.  The drop off will be at Sweet Pea Couture, which is currently located in the Farm Shopping Center at 51st and Sheridan, but please note that they will be moving to their new location as of November 1st and that will be on the northeast corner of 91st and Yale, behind QT.  When dropping off your goods, please leave a note with number of items you have counted.

My goal is to collect over 2000 items to deliver to the John 3:16 Mission, just in time for Thanksgiving. I have had others ask if they were able to donate monetarily as well and you may definitely do so, by visiting John 3:16's website and clicking the 'donate money' tab.  I have linked that for you directly by clicking HERE.

So far, the list of contestants is as follows:
Keli Pace, Olivia Riggs, Ally Azar, Misty Tharp, Andrea Taylor, Lesa Moyer, Nikki Stonebarger, Sarah Anderson, Crystal White, Morgan Pettit, Briana Cupp, Shannon Culler, Jessica McCarty, Jennifer Victory and Corean Cearley.

If you would like to donate items but do not feel that you can meet the 100 item goal, I would love to collect anything you may have.  Please email me at natalierenaephotography@yahoo.com and I will personally pick the items up from you or you may drop them off at Sweet Pea.

Help me make this the best holiday season that Tulsa has ever seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment